Phase I/II Trial to Evaluate Safety, Tolerability, Immunogenicity of a Prophylactic Plasmid DNA Vaccine against SARS CoV-2 [Covigenix VAX-001] in Healthy Adults from 18 to <85 years of age
Participants needed: 18-54; 65-85
We are doing this study because researchers would like to develop a vaccine against COVID-19. Entos Pharmaceuticals has developed Covigenix VAX-001. It is a new DNA-based vaccine which causes some of your cells to make some of the COVID-19 virus proteins which your body then makes an immune response against them.
- You are between 18-54 & 65-84 years of age.
- You are available for all the study visits.
- You are in good health.
- Your body mass index (BMI) – a ratio measurement of your height and weight is not greater than 30.
- Your physical examination and blood test at the screening visit is within normal limits.
- You agree to practice adequate contraception (birth control) if you are of child-bearing potential (able to get pregnant).
Note: Adequate contraception does not apply to participants of child-bearing potential with same sex partners, when this is their preferred and consistent lifestyle.
What is involved
You will be in the study for about 12 months. You will have a total of 9 on-site visits and 1 phone call. The total time commitment is about 4-4 ½ hours.
NOTE: We ask that you review the information and consent form before volunteering for this study. After review, please contact us and someone will reply to your message with further information. The information and consent form will be reviewed with you during your first site visit before signing.