The Clinical Trials Research Center, now part of the Canadian Center for Vaccinology, has been conducting clinical trials since 1992. This research is conducted by highly qualified scientists, nurses, technicians, postgraduate trainees and support staff. Together they investigate vaccines and medicines that prevent or treat specific diseases. Their goal is to provide the evidence that will lead to better health for children, adolescents and adults. You can support this valuable research by volunteering to participate.
Clinical research depends on volunteers like you!
- Participating in a study provides essential and valuable research that can improve the lives of current and future generations
- Learn in-depth knowledge about current and new vaccines, and how they are monitored for safety and effectiveness
- Receive a thorough medical examination before and during the study by highly trained medical professionals
- Receive a new vaccine or booster if part of the study, at no charge to you
- Receive monetary reimbursement for your participation in the study, including parking at the IWK Health Centre if required
- The ‘gift of knowing’ that you are helping in the advancement of health research to fight disease
Read what study participants have said about their participation in research at the Canadian Center for Vaccinology [PDF]