Reporting to the Associate Director, Data Management, the Data Assistant will help develop programming systems for entry, management, and verification of clinical research data collected in surveillance and/or clinical trials.
- Perform accurate data entry and verification, as well as monitor data entry and liaise with data entry sites to ensure data quality.
- Assist in the development of electronic data collection forms.
- Query sites and review query responses.
- Provide collaborating centres and agencies with various reports and documentation.
- Work closely with Associate Director, Data Management, Data Coordinator, Project Manger, Lab Manager, and Biostatistician to discuss project details, and implement ongoing quality improvement processes; produce tabular reports of the data for Project Manager and Lead Investigator.
- Document data quality procedures and provide effective communication to management on project status, performance, and other issues.
Post-secondary education in a related field with a minimum of 2 years of related experience (or equivalent combination of training and experience) is required. Experience with electronic data capture systems is required; knowledge of and previous experience using SAS is an asset. Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with meticulous attention to detail. An understanding of research ethics, in concept and practice, is an asset. Excellent demonstrated time management skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project) is required.
We ask that all interested applicants please apply though the Dalhousie website using the link above.