The Administrative Officer provides proactive internal and external support ensuring consistent, efficient operational flow for CCfV.
- Support CCfV and ongoing research studies with various administrative functions, such as communications, transcription, scheduling meetings and taking meeting minutes, etc.
- Support CCfV investigators in various administrative functions as they relate to research activities, including updating CVs and publications on an ongoing basis and assisting with research grant applications.
- Assist with the completion of research reports for internal and external stakeholders, and collect and maintain data for these reports during the year.
- Support employee onboarding by tracking CCfV IT assets and managing IT requests.
- Assist with space allocation and coordination of space modifications.
- Provide backup support to the CCfV Receptionist/Administrative Assistant.
Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field with a minimum of two years’ experience in a research setting within a university, hospital, or comparable environment is required. Experience in academic administration is strongly preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project) and Adobe Acrobat required. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as excellent time management skills are required. Knowledge of Endnote software an asset. Working knowledge of grant applications and previous experience with academic CVs are considered assets.
For full job description and application, please visit our Dalhousie University listing here.