Communications and Marketing Coordinator (Immunization Partnership Fund)
Reporting to the Immunization Partnership Fund Project Manager, the Communications and Marketing Coordinator will provide overall project communications support, as well as assist with the development and maintenance of effective communications strategies and coordinate marketing of the project, with the goal of advancing COVID-19 vaccine confidence and build awareness with African Nova Scotians and/or People of African Descent (African, Caribbean, Black) in Nova Scotia.
- Participate in the onboarding and orientation of the project.
- Provide support to the Project Manager in project activities such as: develop a work plan, distribute information about the project, advise on communications issues and opportunities, respond to media inquiries and maintain relationships with journalists and other members of the press, and provide communications regarding study recruitment plans and strategies.
- Support communications initiatives of the project, including the development of a culturally responsive communication strategy to inform African Nova Scotians and/or People of African Descent (African, Caribbean, Black) of the COVID-19 vaccine clinics. Stay up-to-date on trends regarding COVID-19 and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, write and develop culturally responsive messaging, social media, community presentations, and communications materials such as newsletters, website copy, brochures and press releases, social media.
- Plan promotional events to raise awareness with the African Nova Scotian and/or People of African Descent (African, Caribbean, Black) communities.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, coordinate project team meetings, support staff and other stakeholders to further the objectives of the project.
Diploma in Communications or other related field, with a minimum of two years of related experience (or equivalent combination of training, experience and/or lived experience) is required. Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with superior time management and organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines. Demonstrated knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices is required. Must be capable of creating culturally responsive and visually compelling presentations. Proficiency in public speaking is considered an asset. Familiarity with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Ability to speak a second language, particularly French or Arabic, is considered an asset.