Research Assistant (Saint John – Moncton area)
The Canadian Center for Vaccinology (CCfV), located in the IWK Health Centre in Halifax, is a collaboration of Dalhousie University, the IWK Health Centre, and Nova Scotia Health Authority.
We are currently seeking a Research Assistant to support the administration, planning and facilitation of an ongoing research study being conducted in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. The successful candidate for this position will be a part of a highly motivated team-oriented workplace with the ability to self-direct. This is a casual, 1 year temporary position.
- Support the planning, organization and administration of research studies, under the direction of the Principal Investigator
- Provide overall coordination of research studies in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and sponsor or agency guidelines under the oversight of the Investigator
- Support the development of study-related documents, which may include ethics correspondence, investigator files, and informed consent and source documents
- Assist and support researchers with administrative related issues when required
- Liaise with pharmacists and other pharmacy staff at study sites located in Saint John and Moncton, New Brunswick.
- Collect database information and other study related documentation from pharmacies involved in the study and relay progress of data collection to investigators when required
- Provide logistical support to Research Study Coordinator/Project Manager
- Extensive travel required; mileage will be compensated
Qualifications: Undergraduate degree in sciences or health required. Must have valid driver’s license and access to insured, registered vehicle. Experience with medical terminology and basic understanding of medical systems preferred. Experience in a university or hospital research setting would be an asset. Proficiency in French is an asset. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required. Knowledge of commonly used office software packages required. Ability to work in a deadline-driven and high volume environment, with attention to detail.
Status: Casual, fluctuating hours
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Scale: $20.36 – 22.85 hourly, commensurate with experience
This is a casual, 1 year temporary position.
Deadline for application: March 13, 2017
Please send your cover letter and resume to: