The Canadian Center for Vaccinology (CCfV) located in the IWK Health Centre in Halifax, is a collaboration of Dalhousie University, the IWK Health Centre, and Nova Scotia Health Authority.
We are currently seeking a Laboratory Technician to provide laboratory/ technical support of clinical studies. The Laboratory Technician reports to the Laboratory Manager and is responsible for, but not limited to, performing various lab assays and procedures with knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) as necessary.
- Carry out a range of lab assays, including but not limited to PCR, ELISA, and microimmunassays
- Calculate and check assays, and interpret and report data for clinical or non-clinical CCfV research studies
- Receive and process specimens according to study protocols; collect specimens from hospital labs as scheduled. Maintain specimen logs and databases
- Prepare specimens and documentation for shipping and ship specimens as per guidelines
- Operate and maintain lab equipment according to protocols
- Monitor stock/supplies and reagents for ordering and disposal purposes
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma education (Microbiology, Biology, Science) and 3-5 years minimum related experience is required (or equivalent combination of training and experience). Strong problem-solving and leadership skills with meticulous attention to detail, excellent time management skills and experience are required. Knowledge of research ethics, in concept and practice, Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) as appropriate, advanced knowledge of complex lab machinery and equipment required. Excellent oral and written communication skills; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word Excel, Power Point ,Access, MS Project) required. Must be self-motivated and possess strong organizational skills.
Status: 37.5 hours per week
Pay Scale: $40,315 – $49,166 – to commensurate with experience
Duration: 1-year term
Deadline for application: June 30, 2018 at 4:30 PM AST
Interested parties should forward a cover letter and current CV to:
Canadian Center for Vaccinology