The Laboratory Technician is responsible for providing laboratory/technical support services of clinical trials with the Canadian Center for Vaccinology (CCfV), in consultation with the Laboratory Manager.
The Laboratory Technologist reports to the Laboratory Manager and is responsible for, but not limited to, performing various lab assays and procedures, as well as lab support activities with knowledge and application of Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) as necessary..
- Carry out a range of lab assays, including but not limited to PCR, ELISA, and microimmunassays
- Calculate and check assays, and interpret and report data for clinical or non-clinical CCfV research studies
- Receive and process specimens according to study protocols; collect specimens from hospital labs as scheduled
- Maintain specimen logs and databases, prepare specimens and documentation for shipping and ship specimens as per guidelines
- Operate and maintain lab equipment according to protocols
- Monitor stock/supplies and reagents for ordering and disposal purposes; general administrative lab support as required, documentation and technical resource activities
- Actively participate in Biosafety and Quality programs
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma education (Microbiology, Biology, Science) and 3-5 years minimum related experience is required; combination of post-secondary education and experience may be considered. Excellent time management skills and experience with an understanding of research ethics, in concept and practice. Knowledge of Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) as appropriate.
Status:1.0 FTE (37.5 hours/week)
Pay Scale:$40,920 – 45,911 per annum plus benefits, commensurate with experience
Duration: 1 year term with possibility of renewal
Deadline for application: July 18, 2019