The Finance Clerk is responsible for providing financial support services in order to ensure the the effective, efficient and accurate financial operations of CCfV, in consultation with the Finance Manager.
The Finance Clerk reports directly to the Finance Manager and is responsible for accounts receivables and payables, cash flow update, sub-site payments and maintenance, and general administrative support to the Finance Manager.
- Maintain a documented system of finance filing and accounting records
- Provide consistent and accurate reporting to the Finance Manager on an ongoing basis
- Assist with accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciling of accounts, and purchasing as required
- Maintain and reconcile purchasing card accounts, and facilitate and administer all major purchasing requirements.
- Contract and agreements facilitation/tracking including institutional review, signature process, and maintaining hard copy and electronic files
- Assist in the preparation quarterly and annual ad-hoc reports
- Monitor and update of all center research accounts
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Working knowledge in accepted accounting principles, accounts payable and receivable, and computerized accounting programs
- Working knowledge in fund accounting and preparation of financial statements and reports
- Procurement procedures and practices
- Basic knowledge in research and/or project accounting systems
- Solid comprehension of business mathematics
- Demonstrates a high level of organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to speak, listen and write in a clear manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative team-oriented attitude
- Bachelor’s degree education in business/accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years related work experience; 2+ years of relevant experience within a university, hospital, or comparable environment in a research setting considered an asset
- Proficiency is required in the use of payroll, accounting, word processing, database and spreadsheet, and email (i.e. MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook)
Salary: $45,604 – $52,266 per annum, commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume as one PDF document to email@example.com.